I started reading Mikael Bulgakov’s The Master and the Margarita, which is routinely touted as one of the great books of the 20th century, but I got bogged down about a third of the way through and set it aside.
I wrote about fifty pages of a detective novel, but it started feeling forced and simplistic, so I stopped.
I dug up part of my lawn to plant a vegetable garden; I put in two tomato plants but that’s all.
I began work on my syllabi for fall courses, but there’s still a couple of weeks before the quarter starts, so I’ll wait until then to finish.
I had planned to take a bag of used clothing to Goodwill at least once a week all summer; instead, I did three days in June and then gave it up.
I was going to run at least a mile three days a week; I jogged down my driveway; that was enough.
It was my original plan to write a 327 word essay here; you can see how that worked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment