Thursday, July 10, 2025

Acceptance

 • Should I replace the dripping pipe joint gasket in the kitchen or just put a bucket under the sink?

• Should I lose those ten pounds of belly fat or simply buy some bigger jeans?

• Why take the car in for servicing that weird sound when I can just turn up the radio?

• No need for spot remover on my shirt; this campaign button covers that stain perfectly.

• I could replace the brake pads on my bike, but instead, I’ll just squeeze the levers harder.

• Not going to paint the house this summer; we’ll just let the ivy grow wilder.

• My dog doesn’t really need a walk; here’s a treat instead.

• That .pdf I’ve been using as a reading in my Intro class for years is pretty hard to decipher; I guess I’ll just remove it from the syllabus.

• Eight hours of sleep or six hours and two cups of coffee; I’ll take the latter.

• This table balances fine; you’ve just got to shim it up with those matchbooks.

• I never really minded those scratched records; you just lifted the needs a bit at the skipping parts.

• We could rent the movie or watch it for free on broadcast; I’ll press mute during the commercials.

• Maybe there’s a little mold on this bread, but when it’s toasted, you’ll never taste it.

• The current mayor’s not so great, but an alternative might be worse.

• Potholes in the street?  No problem, just drive around.

• No thanks, Doc, I’ll hold off on getting that tooth crown; I can just chew on the other side.

• Yeah, you’ve got to slam that door to make it close; it’s been like that for years.

• Don’t open that window all the way; it’s a bitch to get closed if you do.

• That drawer sticks; you’ve just got to yank it hard.

• I’ve had this headlamp forever; works fine if you shake it.

• I could try to write that novel, but this is enough for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment