Monday, August 25, 2014

Addict

I don’t have a problem with marijuana or alcohol; my problem is when there’s NO marijuana or alcohol!

One thing that’s become apparent to me of late is that I don’t really like bike-riding; what I ceaselessly enjoy is getting stoned and riding my bike; one might wonder whether the cycling part is even necessary.

I can easily go weeks at a time without smoking or drinking; the fact that those weeks are prior to 1970 or after 2060 seems to me irrelevant.

And I can stop anytime I want to; in fact, if I ever want to, I will.

No one needs marijuana or alcohol to have a good time; I realize that.  But seriously, why take the chance?

Weed isn’t a crutch; it’s more like a motorized wheelchair.

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers always said that dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope; I guess I’ll just have to take that one on faith, preparation being key here.

I’m certainly no role model when it comes to the consumption pot and booze; I can, however, in a pinch, be an illustration.

Sometimes I worry that I may be smoking too much weed; but that’s when I replenish my stock and worry no more.

The advent of legalization hasn’t really affected how much I get high; it has, though, made a huge difference in how often I break the law.

Have I ever regretted something I’ve done under the influence?  Sure, but it’s a poor workman who blames his tools.

Many memorable events my life have occured thanks to the help of cannabis and alcohol; the challenge, of course, is to remember them.

I’m sure I'd be a richer, more productive person did I not enjoy getting stoned so much; on the other hand: environmental sustainability.

Finally, if you  think this suggests an intervention, then you’re the one who’s high, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment