I’m not depressed, I just don’t see any real reason to get out of bed in the morning.
It’s not that I have no faith whatsoever in the abilities of national politicians and world leaders to work effectively towards global peace and harmony, it’s just that one of them, somewhere, has to demonstrate even the faintest possibility of effective efforts in that direction before I’m convinced
I’m sure that addressing human-induced climate change is possible; the problem, however, is that it’s humans who are the ones who would have to do so.
My favorite sports team could surely get hot and win the pennant; all they need do is win more games in a row than any sports team has ever done before.
I easily could lose those ten or fifteen pounds that would make me healthier and more attractive; all that’s involved would be giving up eating after 5:00PM in the evening and before 4:59PM in the afternoon.
I could save lots more money for retirement; to do so would be simple: I’d simply have to not retire.
De-cluttering my house would be a breeze; just pick it up, shake it out, and replace it carefully back on its foundation.
I am right on the verge of writing a thrilling, best-selling novel like Stephen King; I just have to finish doing the body-swap and Vulcan mind-meld with him.
All those home improvements and little chores are on my “to-do” list; they’ll be in the bag as soon as I transfer them to my “have-done” list.
I’m not really worried about widespread economic collapse and hyperinflation; I’ve got a trusty wheelbarrow in which to carry around all those stacks of dollars I’ll need to buy a loaf of bread.
If history repeats itself, we’re all in for some hard times; however, if unprecedented events occur, we’re also likely to experience hardships never seen before. So, no matter what happens, (or doesn’t), it hardly really matters, right?
Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment