Monday, August 24, 2026

Rant

I’m sick and tired of hearing people complain.  Everywhere you go, (or listen to, or read), you find another opinionated loudmouth going off about something that’s probably none of their business anyway.  So, enough, already!  Stop complaining!

It chaps my ass the way humans won’t shut up about whatever it is that annoys them, from something simple like international trade to a far more intractable problem, like whether it’s okay to snooze your alarm five times over half an hour before getting out of bed.

My blood boils at the sense of entitled outrage that people in all walks of life, young and old, rich and poor, find it necessary to express publicly.  “Shut up!” I explain to them; no one wants to put up with your grousing.

Back in my younger days, when nostalgia was so much better, you didn’t have to abide by such nonsense; people accepted their lot in life and kept their mouths shut if things were bothering them.  These days, anyone with an internet connection gets to spew their opinions all around the world; no wonder society is in such dire straits: instead of doing the work necessary to fix things, people just sit in their rooms and rant about what’s wrong.  Disgusting!

Plus, most of the things that people complain about are of their own doing, anyway.  You don’t like that brand of pickles?  Well, you shouldn’t have bought them!  You’re upset about traffic?  Don’t drive!  Can’t stand hearing others complain?  Stop listening!

People need to take more responsibility for their own petty annoyances.  So, don’t blame me if you don’t like what you’re hearing.  It’s not my fault that I’m the way that I am.  If only I hadn’t grown up in a society that celebrates bitching and moaning, I wouldn’t be griping and squawking in this way.

Have some self-awareness, people!  Complaining is just another way of not owning your own shortcomings!

But hey, who am I to complain?


No comments:

Post a Comment